“When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won’t come up with a handful of mud either”- Leo Burnett
Chandrayaan 2, an ambitious project by ISRO has yet again put India on the world map. India is ranked 5th in the world just behind United States of America, Russia, China and Europe. It has had 75 missions since its inception and only 8 have failed. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is known for its low cost and reliable space launch system. It is a commendable feat in itself.
Reading all those figures and brief history does make one feel elated and proud of our country.
There are many lessons every Dad should make their children learn from ISRO and the mission Chandrayaan 2.
- Motivate our kids but don’t push them too far. Respect their passions and prepare them to take life how it comes.
- Aim for the stars as they say. Teach them that dreaming about going to the moon is achievable, nothing is impossible.
- Set the bar high by being passionate and driven yourself. They will learn that having a drive is vital to our growth.
- Great expectations, greater disappointments! I somehow do not relate to this at all. Expectations should come from hard work but disappointments are transitory.
- Communication is the key. As cliché as it may sound but it is the most important element of all relationships.
We all have dreams and aspirations. This episode should teach us that no matter how prepared we are, how much hard work we put in, how much we persevere sometimes you do not reap what you sow, and that’s ok. What we have learnt is what counts. Sometimes our children teach us something. Life is a process of learning and then unlearning and living it in the most positive manner is the only way forward.